Clinical Practice Information
Clinical Practice for Child and Youth Medicine – Paediatrics
Dr. med. R. Schlicksbier | Dr. med. R. Özcan
Berliner Str. 112
Tel +49 531 375787
Dear patients, dear parents
First of all we would like to welcome you to our clinic. We would like to familiarize you with some organisational procedures and to give you some useful information at your disposal.
Comprehensive information about the clinical practice, illnesses, Internet links and a good deal more you can find in German language on this website.
Treatments and consultations can of course be conducted in English.
In case of further questions please feel free to ask a member of our clinical practice.
- Monday08:30 am - 12 pm and 2:30 pm - 5 pm
- Tuesday08:30 am - 12 pm and 2:30 pm - 5 pm (7 pm)*
- Wednesday08:30 am - 12 pm
- Thursday08:30 am - 12 pm and 2:30 pm - 5 pm (7 pm)*
- Friday08:30 am - 12 pm and 2:30 pm - 5 pm
and on appointment. The times with * are only valid when both doctors are present, please call the clinic first. One evening consultation a week will always be available.
To save you unnecessary waiting time: please always make an appointment. If you come without an appointment you will see the doctor only after the other patients with appointments have been attended to, except in emergencies. If you cannot come to an appointment then please cancel with us, thus we can give the time to someone else. Despite having an appointment it is not always possible to avoid waiting time. We always try to fulfil your individual needs so the duration of checkups and consultations are not predictable, furthermore acute problems and emergencies can also come in between. We ask for your understanding. The order you are summoned from the waiting room to see the doctor is not always the order one arrives to the clinic, this can have many reasons, different appointments, appointments at different doctors, preparation for a special test, tests, etc.
Appointments, at short notice in case of acute illness
Always call the clinic beforehand and make an appointment for the same day if necessary. In case no more regular appointments can be made, appointments at short notice can only be made between 08.30 – 09:00 and 14:00 – 14:30. Exceptions are only made in individual cases. You can also just turn up between 08.30 – 09:00. In this way your waiting time at regular appointments will also be reduced. We thank you for understanding.
Please bring with you
Every quarter of a year please bring your health insurance card with you. For the preventive medical checkups we need the yellow medical booklet/records and for vaccinations the inoculation records. In the best case just bring all along with you. Please bring a towel, this relieves the environment of the unnecessary use of paper towels and is also much more comfortable for the infant.
Pediatrician on emergency duty
Städtisches Klinikum, Holwedestr. 16, TEL 116 117
Sat., Sun., Holidays: daytime
General medical emergency duty
Mon., Tues., Thurs.: 7 pm – 10 pm
Wed., Fri.: 3 pm – 10 pm
Sat., Sun., Holidays, 24.12., 31.12.: 9 am – 10 pm
Adress: Städtisches Klinikum, Salzdahlumerstr. 90, Tel. 116 117
Städtisches Klinikum Braunschweig
Holwedestr. 16, Tel. +49 531 5951325
Poison emergency number
Tel. +49 551 19240
Emergency services / Ambulance
(only in life threatening situations): Tel. 112
Pharmacies on emergency duty
Which pharmacies are on duty in Braunschweig you can find on this website.
Range of services
We offer the full range of a child and youth medical practice, from comprehensive diagnostics to the treatment of acute and chronic illnesses. Further details can be found on our website.
- Allergological diagnostic investigations
- Processing of rehabilitation and cure application forms
- Certification and checkups for Sport associations, nurseries etc. *
- Disease-Management-Programme (DMP) bronchial asthma
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Development diagnostics
- All GP contracts
- Desensitisation of allergies (Specific Immune Therapy)
- Examinations for youth work
- Homeopathy *
- Laboratory examinations
- Pulmonary function tests
- Consultations on travel-health issues und and travel-vaccinations (when travelling abroad)
- Eyesight tests
- Infrared Eyesight tests (reliable measuring already at baby age) *
- Language tests
- Sonography e.g. Abdomen and Hips, colour duplex sonography (to measure the flow of blood)
- Preventative medical checkups as well as all additional checkups (U10, U11, J2)
* This is usually not covered by the regular health insurances, however they are mostly covered by the private health insurances.